People passionate about making the arts accessible for youth are hosting fun, engaging fundraisers to support SKETCH.
Get involved! Collaborate with friends or family to plan a fundraiser that brings arts-based programming to life and directly touches, inspires and transforms young people through skill building and training through the arts.
Some recent wildly diverse fundraisers SKETCH include:
Get creative and impact a life today! Contact email@example.com (416-516-1559 ex. 3401) to discuss fundraising ideas.
Need content for your communications? Get logos, videos, and printable flyers here.
Thinking big scale event? Click below for our Fundraiser Tip Sheet on pointers that can lead to a successful fundraiser. Please note, regrettably SKETCH cannot co-organize, present at, or provide art for independent fundraisers. For more on this, please read our SKETCH Third-Party Agreement Form.
Tip Sheet: keep some of these ideas in mind when planning larger scale fundraisers!
1. Strength in numbers. Get a team to take on and lead event tasks: promotion, volunteer coordination, stage management, etc. Spread the work out to leverage every lead’s contacts.
2. Crowdfunding is where it’s at. You can create a SKETCH Giving Page on www.canadahelps.org and forward your “Support our SKETCH event” link via social media to friends, family and colleagues–especially if they can’t make it to the event.
3. Represent SKETCH. SKETCH isn’t a “school,” and the amazing artists and youth leaders here aren’t “street kids”. Learn more from our SKETCH Q&A to represent SKETCH accurately on your posters, invites or speeches.
4. Is it receiptable? Tax receipts are issued to people or organizations who donate their funds to SKETCH. Proceeds collected at events through collection jars, art and craft sales, etc., warrant our deep appreciation, but not a tax receipt. Contact Gillian Aitken at firstname.lastname@example.org (416-516-1559 ex. 2901) to learn about what is eligible.
5. SKETCH art. Many organizers want to sell SKETCH art. We can accommodate this in some cases, but keep in mind funds raised through art sales go directly to the artists, not SKETCH.
6. Youth rep. Many organizers want SKETCH youth to perform or speak at their event. In some cases this can be arranged, but organizers would need to provide artists with an honourarium for their time, rehearsals, travel, etc.
7. Staff rep. Our staff is deeply committed to the work we do and, regrettably, cannot attend events in most cases. But do connect with us for online promotional materials.
8. Get the word out there! It’s our pleasure to share your promotional content for your event a few times before the big day. Notify us when your content is up.
9. Prizes awarded in person. Clearly post that winners of silent auctions, door prizes, etc., need to be present to accept their prizes when their names are announced. This keeps people around longer, and eliminates chasing people days after the event.